since 1992 of release
Repair and car operation
+ Opel Frontera brand Cars
+ Current leaving and service
+ cooling and heating Systems
+ Power supply system and release
- Engine electric equipment
- Ignition system
Security measures at works with components of system of ignition
Bosch М1 5.4 system
Bosch М1 5.4 system for the DOHC engine
Bosch Motronic M1.5 system of engines 2.0 and 2.4 of l
Check of the moment of ignition
Spark plugs - the general description
+ charge and start Systems
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Driveshafts, main transfer
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
+ Governing bodies and operation
+ electric equipment Schemes
Depending on type of the engine, year of its release, etc. the engine can have the distributor of ignition or the ignition coil with four conclusions. The last scheme is applied at the engine of 2.0 l from the middle of 1995 of release and the engine of 2.2 l (DOHC). Function of this "distributor" is distribution of a high voltage on spark plugs in the set sequence. It is reached by means of the module of the ignition having four exits from a flywheel at a head of cylinders on that place where there is an ignition distributor.
Management of ignition is carried out by means of the general electronic control unit by ignition and injection. It occurs alternately via two blocks of the coil of ignition.
Change of the moment of ignition is carried out according to the characteristic put in memory of the control unit, and depends on number of turns of the engine and its loading. On engines from the middle of 1995 of release the characteristic system of ignition with the inductive sensor, designated "EFZ-i" is applied. The provision of a cranked shaft determines the control unit by a signal of the sensor of a flywheel. Other factors defining the moment of ignition, the provision of a butterfly valve, temperature of cooling liquid and absolute pressure of soaked-up air are.
The flywheel has the special gear rotor which teeths are located non-uniformly. Two teeth is at distance 180 so that one of them defines VMT, other NMT of the sensor. Information on it is transferred to the control unit.
The ignition coil at old models of the engine or the ignition module at the new can be disconnected, as it was described in the previous section. The same treats the distributor of ignition of other engines.
The system of ignition established on the majority of engines, consists of the following parts:
1. The sensor established in a case of a flywheel.
The sensor gives the ignition module information on the provision of a flywheel at which the spark should be generated.
2. The electronic control unit which is at the same time used for management of injection system.
3. Ignition module.
4. Coils of ignition or ignition distributor.
5. Ignition distributor.
6. The engine 16V has the sensor of situation established on a head of cylinders. It is adjusted on a certain cam of a camshaft of inlet valves and distinguishes VMT of the first cylinder (once on a working step, i.e. on each two turns).
The system of ignition defines the ignition moment in each cylinder according to the data being in electronic memory. In memory data from separate sensors, namely from the flywheel sensor (number of turns of the engine and the provision of a flywheel), a measuring instrument of volume or weight of soaked-up air (engine loading), air temperature (the sensor is in a measuring instrument of volume or masses of air) and temperature of cooling liquid arrive. The potentiometer of a butterfly valve issues information on situation dros-a strong zaslonka at start-up, idling, under loading and in a mode of compulsory idling. The signal of a spark of ignition moves from the injection/ignition control unit to the module of ignition which operates ignition. At performance of any works with cables or connections of system of ignition and the related system of injection it is necessary to disconnect ignition always. For safety it is necessary to disconnect also storage battery if any cable is disconnected. It excludes possibility of short circuit.
About the ignition moment, its check, etc. see. "Check of the moment of ignition".
Some words about detonation regulation and the sensor of a detonation which is available in system of injection М15.4 are necessary to tell.
The combustion, being accompanied detonation knocks in the engine and a consequence of early ignition, represents danger to the engine in case of its long action. It leads to serious damages of bearings of a cranked shaft and pistons.
However in modern cars the greatest possible, earliest ignition is established. Correctly to establish the ignition moment in the course of operation of the engine, not bringing to a detonation, various factors are considered. Regulation on a detonation is for this purpose applied.
Combustion process in cylinders is supervised by means of the so-called sensor of a detonation, i.e. the electric sensor which defines sharp knocks appearing in the cylinder - "detonation". The sensor will screw in the block of cylinders. At emergence in cylinders of non-uniform knocks information on them is transferred to the control unit which processes it as follows:
1. As soon as the control unit receives a signal about emergence of detonation knocks at combustion, it defines, in what cylinder there are knocks. The moment of ignition of the revealed cylinder is displaced on 3 towards later ignition, in other cylinders the moment of ignition does not change.
2. If the engine continues to work with knocks, the control unit again shifts the ignition moment on 3 back. So can repeat several times.
3. If bezdetonatsionny operation of the cylinder thus is reached, the ignition moment is rearranged after a while on earlier. But this time on 0.5. Further in the course of operation of the engine on each step the moment of ignition is displaced on 0.5 towards earlier ignition until the former moment of ignition again will not be reached. In intervals thus there can be knocks in other cylinders.
The provided scheme is the general scheme of regulation on a detonation. For Opel firm engines the corners of regulation given above have the values.